To ensure the success of recovery after surgery, you must have proper post-operative care. After a hospital stay ends, there is a higher risk of falls, incorrect medication administration, and increased pain medication use.
It’s easier said than done, especially if you’re on your own or don’t have somebody to lean on. Taking care of oneself after surgery can feel like an impossible undertaking.
Post-Surgery Home Care from Nova serves those needing assistance after surgery and can get it in Fairfax through a system of home care providers. How about a companion, a lift, or a helping hand around the house? If that’s the case, it sounds like you could benefit from having a caregiver visit your house. Do you need a nursing home health aide to assist you with post-operative medication management and other nursing and medical responsibilities? No matter your medical needs, Nova Home Health Care can match you with a reliable caregiver to help you at home.
You should know how long the surgery could take, what you can and cannot do, and whether or not you will need support at home, even though planning is not always possible.
Talk to your surgeon and the hospital’s discharge planner about home health care choices before you go under the knife. A family member or trusted caretaker can arrange for an emergency.
Many patients can recover and go home the same day of their surgery, thanks to the widespread availability of outpatient (day) surgery. Unfortunately, not everyone is provided with the resources necessary to manage their pain and discomfort, making even the most fundamental of everyday tasks and acts of self-care difficult or impossible. They may be worn out and frail. Properly caring for an incision site while taking many medications can be challenging. That’s why organizations provide options like home health care.
How Post-Surgery Home Care Can Help You
You and your doctor work together to design a care plan that meets your medical and personal needs while resting easily at home. After surgery, patients might get home health care for a few hours a day up to 24 hours a day.
The patient will be provided with a certified nursing assistant (CNA) or other home health care assistance to facilitate a speedy recovery. Your doctor is the only one who can tell you with any certainty if your loved one needs round-the-clock care. With a home caregiver, the patient will benefit since we will take all necessary measures to ensure their wellbeing and alleviate any pain they may be experiencing. Support following surgery is essential for getting back to normal as soon as possible. Recuperating with the help of loved ones is the fastest and healthiest way to bounce back following surgery.
Depending on the specifics of the operation, treatment could involve a single modality or a combination of methods. Nurses can assist with wound care and medication administration, while home health aides can assist with activities of daily habitation like washing, dressing, and cleaning. Physical and occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists play essential roles in recovery, but they aren’t the only ones.
Do you require assistance with only minor tasks after surgery? We offer various vital services to assist you in recuperating from surgery at home. Following surgery, you may rest assured in caring for our staff members, experts in their industry, and amiable people. Our experts can help you with a wide variety of issues, including the ones listed below:
- Taking a bath and maintaining clean personal hygiene
- Cooking and serving food
- Basic cleaning duties
- Guidelines for an at-home workout routine
- Keeping an eye on the patient’s health and reporting any changes
- Aiding those with Alzheimer’s disease
- Help with folding and ironing
- Drug-taking Reminders
- Getting a prescription filled
- Setting the table for future dinners
- Transportation to and from scheduled events
- Transport to and from stores and other errands
Additionally, we offer the option of having a registered nurse visit your house to assist with post-operative care. Some of how our nurse practitioners can help you are listed below:
- A registered nurse is available 24/7 to advise and assist with medical matters.
- All patients are given the option of receiving care at home in the comfort of their own surroundings.
- Keeping in touch with the patient’s primary care physician and other treating physicians.
- Concerns of the patient and their loved ones are addressed, and unmet needs are identified through case management.
- Prevention of hospitalization by early medical intervention is based on a thorough assessment of a patient’s health status to identify early warning signs of developing medical problems.
- Patients would be less likely to contract infectious diseases like the flu if they could get their blood tested at home instead of traveling to a laboratory.
- IV lines, injections, tube feedings, and wound dressings are all part of the medical care available to patients.
- Honoring your doctor’s orders and sticking to your treatment schedule
- Educating patients and caretakers to increase their knowledge of their health and how to improve it.
After coming home from the hospital, you may feel exhausted and run down. You may be in great pain and have problems staying awake. Avoid panicking; this happens pretty frequently. The discomfort is temporary and your body’s natural reaction to entering its God-given healing mode. Then you’ll be able to put all of your energy into healing. To ensure a smooth transition back home from the hospital, you and your loved ones should be ready to offer any support you may require.
If your family is significant, you undoubtedly already know this: everyone wants to help, but they can’t. It’s more likely that loved ones would rather hang out and catch up with you than take charge of your medical care. At this time, it is best to engage a qualified home health aide so that loved ones can concentrate on providing emotional support rather than physical assistance.
These are just some of the post-operative care options from our skilled medical team. With their assistance, you can take care of your necessities and recover after surgery without any issues!
Our medical staff hopes you will have a speedy and complete recovery after surgery. We’ll take care of the boring stuff so you can focus on improving. Nova Home Health Care provides professional caregivers and other services around the clock, so you can contact us whenever you need them.