The agencies listed below also provide valuable resources for more information about in-home health care services. If you have any questions about our wellness resources, don’t hesitate to get in touch with an in-home care representative here at Nova.
- www.asaging.org – American Society on Aging (ASA), is a nonprofit organization committed to enhancing the knowledge and skills of those working with older adults and their families. This website explores ASA publications and resources, it offers educational programs and diversity initiatives, and it provides knowledge with the largest network of professionals in the field of aging.
- MidAtlanticGCM.org – Mid-Atlantic Professional Geriatric Care Managers Inc. is a professional association for private practitioners whose goal is to advance the dignified social, psychological, and health care for older adults, others with chronic needs, and their families. Members conduct their practices in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia.
- ncoa.org – Founded in 1950, National Council on the Aging (NCOA) is the nation’s first association of organizations and professionals dedicated to promoting the dignity, self-determination, well-being, and contributions of older persons.
- www.SeniorNavigator.com – The Senior Navigator website is Virginia’s award-winning website for seniors and those who care for them. It brings community and technology together.
- www.vda.virginia.gov – The Virginia Department for the Aging (VDA) works with 25 local Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) as well as various other public and private organizations to help older Virginians and their families find the services and information they need. The Department’s objective is to help Virginians find the information and services they need to lead healthy and independent lives as they grow older.
- www.alz.org – This is the Alzheimer’s disease research and support website.
- www.GuidetoRetirementLiving.com – This site is a sourcebook for the DC Metro area published 3 times a year with directories for housing, home care, hospice, and other health care services for the aging population.
- aarp.org – American Association for Retired Persons (AARP)
- www.AmericanGeriatrics.org – A site dedicated to the health of older Americans.
- www.maturemarketinstitute.com – Navigate through multi-faceted issues on aging from MetLife.