When you’re recovering from a surgical procedure, you need to make sure that you’re getting plenty of rest, drinking plenty of fluids, and taking the proper amount of time to get back on your feet.
This can sometimes be easier said than done, especially when you live alone or don’t have anyone else helping you. The burden of taking care of yourself can be overwhelming if you’ve recently had surgery.
Nova Home Health Care Post-surgery home care, in Fairfax recognizes the need for post-surgery care in the comfort of your own home. Do you want an in-home caregiver to provide companionship, transportation service, or help around the house? Do you need a skilled nursing home health aide who can help administer medications and take on more medical or nursing duties of your post-surgical care? Whatever the need for in-home health care is that you have, Nova Home Health Care is ready to appoint the right person to help you while you recover.
Do you need assistance with only some of the basic daily tasks after your surgery? Our post-surgery in-home care includes a variety of basic services that make healing simpler for you and allow you to get the rest you truly need. Our aides are professional, compassionate, and knowledgeable, making them a great choice for your postoperative care. Our team can help you with a variety of tasks including:
- Bathing and personal hygiene
- Preparing and serving meals
- Light housekeeping
- Assistance with a home exercise program
- Observing and reporting changes in patient’s condition and needs
- Providing Alzheimer’s care
- Assistance with laundry and ironing
- Medication reminders
- Picking up prescriptions
- Preparing future meals
- Escorting to appointments
- Accompaniment to lunch or dinner
- Escorting for shopping and errands
- Attending plays and concerts
If a skilled in-home nurse is more along the lines of the kind of caregiver that you’ll need for your recovery from surgery, we have that too! Our skilled nurses can help with the following:
- Medical advice and assessments from a registered nurse available 24/7.
- In-home care is provided to all patients so that they can recover in the comfort of their own homes.
- Being in contact with the patient’s primary care provider and specialty care doctor.
- Providing case management to support the patient and family’s concerns and identifies needs that may be unrecognized outside the home environment.
- Evaluation of the patient’s health to identify early signs of potential health risks, which allows for quick management to prevent hospitalization.
- Doing blood work in the home to prevent the need for additional trips to laboratories and possible exposure to community-linked infections such as influenza.
- IV infusions, medication injections, tube feedings, and wound care when necessary.
- Implementing your physician’s plan of care in an efficient and professional manner
- Teaching patients and family members about medications and health diagnoses to help increase their knowledge.
Recovering from surgery isn’t easy for many people — it can be hard to simply rest and let your body heal when you’re ready to get up and go. But recovery doesn’t have to be a difficult or frustrating time for you. Your recovery can be peaceful and fast if you have the right person assisting you. If you’re interested in getting a post-surgery in-home care aide to help you recover from your surgical procedure, contact Nova Home Health Care today! We offer our services across the Northern Virginia area, including Arlington, Annandale, Chantilly, Great Falls, Vienna, and more!