“Just like in any aspect of life, things go smooth and easy when they’re planned.”
Post-surgery in-home care has been the best resort recently by most patients around the world. It gives the person in recovery peace of mind and removes the worry of having to pay a huge amount of money on the hospital bills, especially during this time of the pandemic. It’s hard to admit that we need to take care of ourselves to avoid sickness and illnesses. This article will help you understand why it’s better to choose post-surgery in-home care and how to plan for recovery at home after surgery.
So, you’ve gone through or will go through what seems to be the hardest part of a surgery, which is the surgery itself. However, you’ve realized that the next difficult part is the recovery. Any method of recovery is easier said than done. It could be by confinement in the hospital but would cost a lot, and most of your savings would end up in your hospital bills. A more convenient choice would be post-surgery in-home care, it’s cheaper, and you have the convenience of staying at the comfort of your home.
The next question that would come into one’s mind is, “How?”. Well, just like in any aspect of life, things go smooth and easy when they’re planned. Well, you’re on the right track. This blog is intended to guide you with home recovery, may it be for yourself or your loved one.
Prepare your home as if your recuperation depends on it.
The first thing one must do is to prepare the place where you’ll rest, and everything else follows. Your safe recovery depends on how you prepare your home. You will need to tweak a few things to avoid factors that might make it hard for you to access your necessities for recovery. Here is a list of things to keep in mind in setting up your home for the span of your recovery:
- Ask your doctor if you need any equipment for your recovery. In some cases, you might need oxygen tanks, a wheelchair, or other medical equipment, depending on the surgery you’re having or gone through.
- If you have a two-story house, it would be better if you place your sleeping accommodation on the first floor to avoid going up and down the stairs. You don’t want to strain yourself in any case.
- Make sure entrances and exits are free from obstruction. Remove clutter that might become obstructions during your recovery. Remember, prevention is always better than cure.
- If necessary, you can install additional railings and grab bars. This comes in handy when you need to go to the comfort room. Even when you have someone to assist you, it will help a lot to avoid getting off-balance.
- Keep necessary things prepared and placed near your bed. Ensure that the telephone, towels, and other things you will need should be near you to avoid having to strain yourself by the time you’re recovering.
- Add lighting and night light. Just like in keeping entrances and exits free from obstruction, lighting adds up to the convenience if ever you’re going to need to get up from bed. The main tagline is to prepare things that will keep you away from accidents and help your access.
Make sure to prepare and cover the nutritional requirements.
Even before the surgery, it is better to plan ahead and list down the nutritional requirements necessary for one’s recovery. Feel free to ask your doctor right before so you can prepare what system you could use. You can ask your loved one to prepare the food for you. Another option is to go for professional help. There are health care providers that provide excellent assistance for patients who are going through post-surgery in-home care. One of the best ones is Nova Home Health Care.
Hire Professionals for Post- Surgery In-Home Care
Let’s say it’s for you or for someone you love. It doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re not sufficient for the recovery. It just helps the patient recover significantly faster than usual. Post-Surgery In-Home Care is a type of service wherein caregivers can easily take off the burden. From companionship to transportation to helping around the house, it will gradually improve your recovery. They also offer services from skilled nurses who can help you with medical advice, assessments, and even medicine administration, etc. Nova Home Health Care offers excellent Post-Surgery In-Home Care. Check out their site for the complete list of services they offer.
Things to keep in mind while you’re in your post-surgery in-home care and recovery:
Get plenty of rest
The most important part of recovery is getting plenty of rest. Avoid being stressed out by your day job. The more that you force yourself to do more, the harder it is for you to recover. Take your time to rest and avoid unnecessary matters and enjoy the process of your recovery.
Drink plenty of fluids
It may feel like your body doesn’t need plenty of fluids during recovery since you feel tired enough to get up and drink. However, your body needs enough fluid to help you recover during your /recovery.
Just some food to fill in your stomach is not enough to help you recuperate from any surgery. Make sure you take in healthy and nutritious food so that your body will heal faster. Take your time to ask your doctor regarding which diet you should follow. It is a guaranteed shortcut for your recovery.
It’s always better if you try to keep yourself entertained during times that you cannot sleep. Remember to keep things in moderation since you’re still in your recovery state, but never forget to have a little fun. Trust me, it helps. It can be music, T.V., or your android phone just to keep you informed of the news.
It’s never easy to opt into home recovery after surgery, but it’s never impossible. It will help you save a lot instead of staying at the hospital. Plus, it will give you the comfort of staying at home. As long as you plan ahead before or after your surgery, things will go as smooth as butter. What’s better is if you try out Nova Home Health Care. If you need a skilled in-home nurse due to your loved ones’ busy schedule, they offer excellent services. Trust me, your recovery will go smoother than butter.