Private Duty Nursing Services are a specialized means of taking care and caring for us or our loved ones. It provides the exclusivity of a private duty nurse in the comforts of our own homes. Many seek this remarkable service. Nova Home Health Care is a pioneer in the business and has given the best home care services everyone needs. Let us learn today how their private duty nursing differs from the rest of their competition in addition to the special benefits they provide.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
Private duty nursing provides registered nurses who tend and take care of patients with one-on-one, long-term care setup inside the comforts of their homes. These private duty nurses take care of their patient’s basic, daily needs while also helping them with some of their chronic health problems. Private duty nurses aim to help their patients stay within the confinements of their homes and live happy, healthy, and fulfilling lives throughout their days.
What do private duty nurses do?
Private duty nursing provides private duty nurses that portray many vital services to their clients. Some of these services include (but are not limited to):
- Medical status and changes assessment of patients
- Chronic illness management
- Medications administering
- Daily living activities help and support
- Treatment plans created for patients
- Diet plan-making for the patient
- Hospice care providing
- Patient care documentation and other paperwork completion
Take note that this list is not an exhaustive one by any means. In general, private duty nurses play crucial roles in their patients’ overall health and vitality. Furthermore, private duty nurses attend doctor’s appointments and other outings with their patients, including family events.
Where does a private duty nurse work?
Private duty nursing typically requires nurses to work in the patient’s residence. Additionally, they can also work in hospitals, clinics, or facilities for assisted living.
How much do private duty nurses make?
Private duty nurses make a living depending on different factors such as work experience, work, and home location, and their educational background. Generally speaking, however, private duty nurses make about the same as any other registered nurses make.
What set of traits are necessary for private duty nurses to possess?
The field of private duty nursing offers vital care and support for all of its patients. These home care service providers need to possess certain kinds of traits to work as effectively as they can be in this role. Here are three (3) of the most important ones:
- Patience: Indeed, a virtue when dealing with ill patients and in dire need of help and support in doing their primary tasks. This task can be frustrating, especially when patients do not exhibit cooperation. Having a capacity to help their patients and not develop any irritation when things get slow, and some things don’t add up – patience will surely help private duty nurses in the long run.
- Attention to detail: Those who have private duty nursing as their field of endeavor need to pay close attention to different information and aspects within their scope of practice. Specifically, knowing when their patient’s mood alters or when they exhibit medical changes that need utmost care are critical components of success with their jobs.
- Compassion: All nurses, in general, should and need to have understanding and empathy. Although, private duty nurses have a little more intimate interaction with their patients. They are the ones that give direct support and are efficient caregivers to their patients. In addition, they need to become someone who builds strong bonds with the patients. Having compassion, in addition to the ability to form close yet professional relationships with another person, especially with their patients, can be critical but entirely possible.
Private Duty Nursing: Nova Home Health Care’s Brand
Unlike other typical in-home private duty nursing providers, Nova Home Health Care’s private duty nursing allows one-to-one medical care set up in a patient’s home or wherever they may need to have to care the most. They have highly trained, sought-after staff qualified to provide personalized and thorough medical attention inside the patient’s home, in a nursing home, inside an assisted living facility, and in many other places that may be deemed necessary for home health care.
Nova Home Health Care’s signature brand of home services and special benefits include:
- Working hand in hand with the patient and their family.
- A lending hand and a listening ear assist in their patients’ planning and guiding stages, primarily through uncertain and scary times for everyone involved.
- They have a dedicated staff of reputable licensed and registered nurses.
- Prepared for effective medications administration, wound care assistance, ostomy and catheter changing, skin management, and providing general health and wellness assessments that ensure utmost optimal and effective care is always offered every step of the way.
- Twenty-four (24) hours of availability, any time for a self-selected amount of time – working to fit all patient’s needs at all costs.
- Home service providers all across the areas of Fairfax, Arlington, Ashburn, Vienna, Reston, and further – sure that the Nova HHC staff will meet your needs.
Nova Home Health Care’s Mission
The Nova Home Health Care has solid and sturdy core values that describe who they are as home care service providers. Patients are their top priority and are dedicated to providing:
- They are individualized, the superior quality of their in-home health care services tailored specifically for their patients done by the caregivers whose care experiences are perfectly compatible with the needs of the patients.
- They have 24/7 prompt and timely responses to all their client and patient referrals.
- Core values: honesty, integrity, respect, and reliability – in all they say and do.
- They have open and transparent communication between all their clients and staff.
The Nova Home Health Care team will provide patients the highest level of in-home care services, tailored-fit to their needs by their caregivers most compatible with their patients.
The staff is fully bonded and insured and has undergone rigorous training and background checks to ensure they’re suitable for this in-home health agency.
Nova HHC offers a wide variety of services, making it easier for you or your loved ones to enjoy the comforts of your own homes while receiving the utmost care, love, and support you’ll ever need, including their private duty nursing.
Private Duty Nursing: Final Thoughts
Private duty nursing can be a challenging task to accomplish. But in the end, let’s us remember why we chose the profession we are in right now, and that is because of dedication, love, and support towards others. Private duty nursing will soon find its way to more avenues and different purposes.